|130 Main Street|
|Kiowa, KS 67070|
Follow us on Facebook!
|K-State Extension Agronomy E-Update|
|GRAIN BIDS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION .Cash bids are 10 minute delayed. Due to the volatility in the grain futures, we will be buying grains only from 8:30am through 1:00pm of each business day. After 6PM Cash Bids reflect the overnight session from 6PM to 7AM|
Cash Bids - Quick Look
Quotes are delayed, as of March 21, 2023, 10:25:11 PM CDT or prior.
- Cotton Closes in Black on Tuesday
- Cotton futures ended off their highs on Tuesday, but still went home in the black with help from a weaker US dollar. May cotton settled 131 points under its session high, but held on to a 63 point gain for the day. The other nearbys were up by 75 to...
- Hogs Close Near their Lows for the Day
- The Tuesday hog session ended with $0.30 to $1 losses with contracts near their lows for the day. April settled at its low for the day. Only 5 sessions have closed lower since April began trading, none of which with significant volume or OI back in October of 2021. USDA’s...
- Mixed Close for Cattle Market
- The front month fat cattle futures were 30 to 40 cents higher on Tuesday, but the deferred months dropped by 17 to 22 cents. Feeder cattle ended with 7 to 57 cent gains on the day. The Central Stockyards hosted FCE saw no sales between $162 bids and $164-165 asks...
- Tuesday Losses for Wheat Market
- Wheats extended the downside again on Tuesday by another 1-2% across the winter wheat markets. MGE wheat futures were down 5 3/4 to 6 1/2 cents on Tuesday. CFTC provided positions data as of the 3/14 settlement this afternoon. They showed SRW spec traders had reduced their net short by...
- Soybean Futures Drop Double Digits
- The nearby soy market ended the Tuesday session 13 to 19 cents lower. May beans printed a wide 32 cent range on the day, but closed near the low. Meal futures faded back from their midday gains and closed Tuesday $0.70 to $2.10/ton in the red across the front months....
- Red Close from Corn Market
- The corn futures market ended Tuesday’s session 2 3/4 to 4 1/4 cents in the red. For May that was 8 1/4 cents off the day’s high. The Dollar Index was lower again on Tuesday, going into the widely anticipated FOMC decision tomorrow. The Commitment of Traders data for the...