|130 Main Street|
|Kiowa, KS 67070|
Follow us on Facebook!
|K-State Extension Agronomy E-Update|
|U.S. Drought Monitor
|GRAIN BIDS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION .Cash bids are 10 minute delayed. Due to the volatility in the grain futures, we will be buying grains only from 8:30am through 1:00pm of each business day. After 6PM Cash Bids reflect the overnight session from 6PM to 7AM|
OK Coop is now handling bulk PowerMax and RT3. Please stop by and visit with us on it's pricing.
- Hogs See Limit Losses As Longs Crowd Through the Exit Door
- At the close, lean hog futures were $1.77 to $4.50 weaker, with expanded limit losses for July and August contracts. Futures will maintain their $4.50 expanded limits for Friday’s trading. USDA’s National Average Base Hog price for Thursday was $6.17 weaker to $122.28. The CME Lean Hog Index for 6/15 pulled...
- Soybean Complex Sees Dead Cat Bounce Overnight
- Soy futures are 41 to 51 cents higher this morning, reversing part of Thursdays triple digit decline in a classic dead cat bounce. Expanded limits are again in place, as soybean oil futures were lock limit down with 550 point losses yesterday. The CME also increased margin requirements in an...
- Corn Recovers Part of Thursday Decline
- Following the limit losses on Thursday, corn markets are back up 13 to 18 cents to begin the last trade day of the week. Pre-weekend profit taking by Thursday’s sellers is a driver thus far, along with a sense that the computer trading programs might have overdone the move. Preliminary...
- Cattle Futures Caught in Massive Commodity Landslide
- At the close on Thursday, front month fat cattle futures were $2.72 to $3.82 lower. Kansas and Northern trades were mostly $124 on Thursday. The bulk of the activity for the week has been $124 in the North, and $122 - $124 in the South. Feeder cattle futures were 30...
- Cotton Futures Rebound
- Cotton prices is trading 35 to 96 points higher this morning on pre-weekend position squaring. On Thursday cotton futures ended the session with 116 to 193 point losses. July was the firmest, recovering its premium to new crop prices. The grains were sharply lower, and the dollar was significantly stronger (now...
- Wheat Futures Up Double Digits on Correction
- Overnight wheat market bottom picking has prices 11 to 15 cents higher this morning. Wheat futures were down double digits on Thursday taking part in the broad commodity sell off. CBT futures were 21 3/4 to 23 3/4 cents lower at the close. KC HRW futures ended the session with...