|130 Main Street|
|Kiowa, KS 67070|
Follow us on Facebook!
|K-State Extension Agronomy E-Update|
|U.S. Drought Monitor
|GRAIN BIDS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION .Cash bids are 10 minute delayed. Due to the volatility in the grain futures, we will be buying grains only from 8:30am through 1:00pm of each business day. After 6PM Cash Bids reflect the overnight session from 6PM to 7AM|
OK Coop is now handling bulk PowerMax and RT3. Please stop by and visit with us on it's pricing.
- Hogs Higher on Thursday
- Front month lean hog futures closed the Thursday session with 2 to 17 cent gains. October contracts ended 17 cents lower and December was UNCH. USDA’s National Average Afternoon Base Hog price was 51 cents weaker to $116.42. The May 4th CME Lean Hog Index was $107.89, up by another...
- Corn Futures Double Digits Stronger
- Corn futures rallied double digits on Thursday. Old crop July closed 10 1/4 cents higher, but is still 40 3/4 cents below May with 6 trade days before expiration. New crop December led the way higher with a 3.43% gain to the highest Dec contract price since 2012. USDA’s weekly...
- Wheat Prices Gain on Thursday
- Thursday wheat futures closed near the highs with some double digit gains. CBT wheat futures ended the session 8 ¾ to 11 3/4 cents in the black led by new crop. KC HRW wheat futures closed 8 to 9 3/4 cents higher. MGE spring wheat futures were 7 1/2 to...
- Triple Digit Gains for Cotton
- Old crop cotton futures closed 325 points higher on Thursday. May futures expired at 89.48 cents/lb. New crop prices were 114 to 171 points higher at the close. The July to December inverse is back to 386 points after tightening through the early portion of the week. Cotton bookings from...
- Soybeans Gain Double Digits
- At the Thursday close, soybean futures were 20 to 28 cents in the black. The May to July inverse tightened to 36 cents/bu by the close. New crop futures ended the session with November above $14/bu. Soymeal futures closed the Thursday session with gains of $2.50 to $3.40/ton. Soybean oil...
- Cattle Mixed with Higher Fats
- Fat cattle futures climbed back from midday lows and closed the Thursday session in the black. June fats were the strongest on the day with a triple digit gain. There were reports of $119 sales in TX. USDA noted cash sales through Wednesday, with limited activity from $117 to $119....
Kiowa, Kansas (67070)
- Ferrie: Beware the ‘Mother’s Day Corn and Soybean Massacre’
- Illinois Production Cost Report (Bi-weekly)
- Soybean Crush Report
- National Organic Grain and Feedstuffs
- National Feedstuffs Market Review
- Weekly Feedstuff Wholesale Prices (Wed)
- Pipestone, MN Hay and Straw Auction (Wed)
- Cornbelt Weekly Feedstuffs
- Portland Weekly Feedstuffs
- California Weekly Wholesale Feedstuff Prices