|130 Main Street|
|Kiowa, KS 67070|
Follow us on Facebook!
|K-State Extension Agronomy E-Update|
|GRAIN BIDS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION .Cash bids are 10 minute delayed. Due to the volatility in the grain futures, we will be buying grains only from 8:30am through 1:00pm of each business day. After 6PM Cash Bids reflect the overnight session from 6PM to 7AM|
- Red Close for Midweek Cattle
- The cattle complex continued its decline through the midweek session, ending with 52 to 67 cent losses in the fats and $0.32 to $1.12 losses in the feeders. There were again no sales for the Wednesday FCE auction. Bids on the 1,077 head offered were $141-$143 with asks mostly $143-$144....
- Wheat Gains +3% on Wednesday
- Wheat futures rallied for the midweek session. CBT futures closed 25 1/2 to 31 3/4 cents in the black on the day. That left December back above the $9/bu mark. KC futures ended with 26 to 32 3/4 cent gains. MGE spring wheat prices were 23 1/4 to 29 1/4...
- Wednesday Bounce for Cotton Market
- Midweek cotton closed the day with 40 to 87 point gains. Futures were trading lower again initially, but firmed up by midday. Ultimately, December printed a wide 3.64 cent range on the day. The market is still trying to find a balance between limited US production and large export forward...
- Hogs Closed Mostly Red
- The lean hog market built up the already wide spreads on Wednesday as October ended a net 67 cents higher. The other front months closed red with a 42 cent dip in December to a $1.70 loss by June ’23. The October to December spread widened to $13.55, and the...
- Corn Bounced on Wednesday
- Front month corn prices ended the midweek session with 3 to 4 cent gains. The December contract printed a double digit range on the day, working both sides of UNCH. EIA reported ethanol producers averaged 855k barrels of production per day through the week that ended 9/23. That was the...
- Beans Close Black on Wednesday
- Soybean futures traded mostly lower on Wednesday, but bounced in the afternoon to close the day higher. Gains were limited to 7 cents in the front months. Soymeal futures also firmed up for the close, but stayed 90 cents to $4.30 in the red. BO prices went home 14 to...